Sunday, February 17, 2008

Those 'obesity' shots

There was a story on my local news this morning about obesity and death rates, or something. I was barely awake and not really paying attention. All I really noticed was the shots of a dozen or so fat people and it got me wondering.

How do they get those shots? Does a camera man sit on a corner and wait for an obese person to walk by and then film them? Does he need to get a release and what exactly does he say to the subject in regards to how they are going to use the footage?

'Excuse me, we're doing a story on obese people and would like to use your body as an example.'

I know they don't ever show the heads, but c'mon...people know who they are! If I saw my fat body shown on the TV I would recognize it immediately. So would my husband, family, friends and most likely my co-workers.

And why exactly do they need to show pictures of fat people? It seems mean and unnecessary.

Anyway, it's Sunday morning and I had an exhausting day yesterday. I had a shrink appt in the morning, a playdate in the afternoon and visit with family afterwards. By 6:00 I could barely keep my eyes open and was fast asleep by 7:00. Matt is working today so Cha and I are on our own. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment