Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ready for the new numbers?

I just checked my insurance claims online and was relieved that they've paid for one of the three surgeries. The total billed to date is $254,715.20. The insurance company has paid out $59,928.75. The two pending surgeries total $109,000 and they are for the reconstruction. I'm praying I won't be responsible for any of that.

My out of pocket expenses are higher than I thought they'd be. It's all the little things that add up. I've got $750 for the two hospital stays, the $130 for the phone and TV usage while in the hospital, the $125+ in prescriptions, the $130 for the surgical bras and the $70 in doctor co-pays. However, I certainly got my money's worth out of my premiums!

It's scary to think of what will happen if I ever find myself out of work and without coverage for any length of time. Now that I'm a cancer survivor private insurance rates will be sky high, if I can find someone to cover me.


No comments:

Post a Comment