Thursday, December 20, 2007

Are we living in the 1800s??

When I dropped Cha off at daycare this morning her teachers said that Scarlet Fever is running around the school. Scarlet Fever? How crazy is that?! They said it's starting with the rosy cheeks, followed by vomiting and diarrhea. It's a strep/Scarlet fever mix so antibiotics should be an easy fix. I have to pick Cha up shortly and take her to the doctor for a rapid test. I'm hoping it passes her by. I don't want her sick for Christmas.

I had lunch with Kristin and Baby Carly today. I haven't been out in the real world forever. It was nice to sit and chat and I felt so much better afterwards. I miss my friends.

I called to confirm a surgery time but the office is closed. I left a message and should hear back from them tomorrow. I've got January 21st on the brain and Dr. K said it should be free, so I'm hoping that's the day. I submitted the request for medical leave for work this afternoon. The plastic surgeon said recovery would be 6-8 weeks, so I put it for the full 8 weeks. It has to be approved but I highly doubt they would have a problem with it. The benefit covers 100% of salary for 63 days, which will make things easy. One of the perks of working for a mammoth company.

I had a meeting with my boss today too. I gave him the update and filled him in on my schedule. He has been so wonderful and understanding. At the end of the meeting he handed over three envelopes from my co-workers. They sent a gift basket earlier last week but the envelopes were over the top. They included gift certificates to a spa and a very nice restaurant and an envelope filled with something green. I am touched beyond belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment