Monday, December 3, 2007

my biopsy

I had a stereotactic breast biopsy this morning. It was actually harder than I thought it would be. There wasn't too much pain but the mental aspect of it was tough. They took samples from two areas which meant two needles. They also planted titaniam clips in each spot as a marker.

They gave me the option to break between the first sample and the second but I said I wanted to get it over with ASAP. It took almost a half hour to position me correctly on the table and I didn't want to do that again. At one point I got very lightheaded and almost vomited but I'm certain it's because I was thinking about things too much. They stopped for a minute to check my bp and put a cold compress on my face and neck. They asked if I was too hot or too cold and I said no but I heard the nurse mention that I was pale and sweating.

When it was over I had to go into another room for another mammogram. They must have taken a dozen x-rays of my boob while I was on the table to follow every step. The nurse showed me the pic of the newest mammogram. I could see the clips and the voided space where the doc took the sample. Man, he took a lot! I got a chance to look at the two sample jars when they were bandaging me and it was pretty grody. The nurse pointed out a hematoma and warned that I'm going to have a mighty bruise by tonight.

My arm is sore and while I know some people could run off and go to work the same day, I'm just not going to do it. I am way too drained. They told me not to lift anything heavy or raise my arm over my head. It's going to be a challenge getting Cha in and out of her carseat when I pick her up at daycare today.

The results should come back by tomorrow night, but it might be as late as Wednesday.

Please God, do not make me turn this into a Cancer blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment