Wednesday, December 12, 2007

'I want My Tebby Bear'


Ugh, I blew it today. Cha LOVES her Tebby Bear. She became attached when we took away her binky and now she carries it with her everywhere.

Recently she's taken to bringing it to school with her. As hard as I try to force her to either leave him at home or in the car, I just don't have the time or patience in the morning to fight with her (it was hard enough to get rid of the bink). Her teachers let her carry it around for a little while and then tuck it in her cubby where we pick it up on the way home.

Well, today was the day her class pictures came in. I was in the lobby with the other moms looking at the other pictures and staring at the beautiful shots of my little Cha. These are the first good pictures she has ever taken. Super happy day!

She was outside on the playground so after I purchased the pictures I went out to pick her up and take her to the car. She was in a great mood and babbling about all of her friends. She just moved up to a new class and she loves her teachers and classmates. I was having such a great time listening to her that I totally forgot about Tebby. And Cha was so excited that she didn't remember him either.

Here it is many hours later and Tebby is (hopefully) still in her cubby. Do you think Cha will be comforted by one of the dozens of other teddy bears she has in her room? Nope, no such luck. Putting her to bed tonight was a nightmare. She kept crying 'I want my Tebby Bear!" over and over and I am kicking myself. She's finally asleep but I know it's only a matter of time when she wakes up and notices that he's not there.

No comments:

Post a Comment